Tuesday 29 March 2011

Dear Diary...

EXAMS.
The absolute bane of my existence.
Kill. Me. Now.
My brother, annoyingly, has an impressive eleven exams to sit in May whilst I only have four, so now I've lost my licence to complain, which I never really had to begin with since it was pretty much the same situation last year. And the year before...



On a lighter note, I found this awesome new website today that encourages the use of pictures of actual faces rather than smileys ( e.g. :P ) to express your emotions on social networking sites. I have to say, I got a bit carried away with it and I'm not sure my if facebook friends respect me anymore... The whole process of finding an adequate picture to suit what I'm trying to evoke and then copying and pasting it takes a lot longer than typing a two, or even three, character gesture. So, by the time I've responded the person at the other end of the conversation has already moved on thus I have concluded that this site should not be used during conversation. It's more of a long, thoughtful discussion piece, where participants take their time coming up with witty remarks rather then quick replies.

I was on the Luas (Dublin tram) today, sitting beside an old lady. Opposite to us where two "young hip fellows" (I'm in ol' lady character) and they were conversing in a most obtrusive manner; swearing at every chance they had. There was simply no need for such language. Honestly.
It was pretty funny, though. The old lady kept puffing and tutting and rolling her eyes and the two guys didn't take any notice of her whatsoever, meanwhile about a dozen other people were observing her very closely. But I was too scared to laugh; I didn't want her rolling her eyes at me!
In hindsight, it was a little indecent of them to be cursing quite so much in such a tight space as there was no place for all the poor old ladies to go. There is a blasphemy order in Dublin, which I'm principally against since I think it violates our freedom rights, but I do think there are certain times where one must try to be more mindful of other peoples right too.

Like, fuck sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment