Monday 14 February 2011

Loomings

There's never anything special about a specific time of year. Christmas, Halloween, Valentines. My kid sisters wake up at the crack of dawn on Christmas day but you couldn't get me up even if you waved a fifty over my face. I slept right through last Halloween and Valentines is just another day at college. Well, that would have been the case if I'd actually gone to college today.

Pretending is a bad thing. You shouldn't do it. You should be doing what your pretending to be doing. You know you should be doing what you're pretending to be doing otherwise why would you be bothered keeping up appearances at all?

"The naming of Panentheism leads to the world's redemption"... WTF?
College is becoming an empty, very confusing void. One that I got myself into knowingly but at the same time I was hopeful. I started this course thinking it would spark an interest in me, which it did. But the interest I have in it is slowly being replaced with unanswerable questions. Such as: Where will this take me? What am I going to be qualified for? Will I do another course after? What THEE FUCK am I doing?
I am thinking I might go into journalism after, but it's becoming increasingly apparent that I have no writing skills. Teaching? Fuck no. I've gandered down that road too many times. You need to like people to teach them. You need to be a good communicator. I had a presentation to give to the class last semester and it sucked the life out of me. What should have been a twelve minute presentation was shortened to less than five. It was appalling. If everyone was as immature as me I would have been booed off stage.
Perhaps on a positive note, I'm only a senior freshman. I still have two more years after this to figure out what I should do. Maybe something might come to me on the Berlin trip that's coming up. We'll be drinking the German's under the table; I come up with fabulous ideas when I'm drunk.
That's a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment